Lexus Cars. Monday , March 05th , 2018 - 10:39:19 AM
Quote from Lexus LFA Wiki - The Most Stunning And Best Performing Supercar :
After working on the design and development for almost 10 years, it was in the year 2012 that the company was able to offer its customers its most prized supercar, Lexus LF-A.
Some of the most stunning and outstanding features of this car include the following:
- For the making of LFA’s chassis, three different processes of carbon fiber construction have been used. However, the usual and the regular construction techniques could not be used for the A-pillar and roofline of the car. The three dimensional shape of the A-pillar and roofline is very complex in nature and hence, the company had to come up with an innovative technique for the same. The company, therefore, invented a loom that weaves carbon fiber strands in 3-D and thus, helps achieve the desired shape and design.
- To get maximum performance from the vehicle, in spite of its compact size, ten individual throttle bodies have been used. This helps in providing immediate linear response from the driver’s accelerator’s pedal inputs.
- There is an optional Nurburgring package that is available to the customers. This package comes with special features like aggressive aerodynamic aids, track focused suspension, an additional horsepower of 10 hp and a recaliberated transmission. These additional features help in making Lexus LF-A the fastest and the best performing sports car.
- The engine of the vehicle is a V10 powerplant. This engine has been developed by the engineers of Lexus in conjunction with Yamaha. This 4.8 liter engine gives an output of 412 KW and delivers a power of 87000RPM.
- Another great feature of this vehicle is the LFA’s legendary tachometer. It is housed between the Thin Film Transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display and the motor driven ring, which are located beneath a hooded instrument panel. This digital needle helps the driver keep up with and track the speed generated by the V10 engine. This engine allows the vehicle to accelerate from 0 to 9000 RPM in just 0.6 seconds.
- Unlike other vehicles, in the case of LFA, the driver’s seat is placed in such a manner that it not only offers maximum comfort and control to the driver, but also places him or her as close to the center of the vehicle as possible.
- The drivers are given complete freedom to choose the interiors of the vehicle, including the leather, metal and fabric used for the interiors of the vehicle, giving the vehicle a very personalized and comfortable feel for the drivers.
Tracking The Development History Of Lexus LF-A
2000 - 2004
The development of this vehicle started in 2000, and the aim of the company was to develop a vehicle that will showcase the capabilities of Toyota company and its Lexus marquee. It was in June 2003 that the first prototype got completed. Since then, prototypes of this vehicle could be seen every now and then in Nurburg, Germany.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does 4k HD Super Cars Wallpaper claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.